Students navigating college in today’s global and national environment are challenged with finding tools, strategies, and language to bridge divides in order to solve our most pressing problems. The Office of Student Conflict Resolution (OSCR) is uniquely situated to assist our students in learning critical skills for engaging in difficult dialogues and transforming conflict.
OSCR provides a variety of programs and services designed to help students learn how to manage and resolve conflict effectively, while supporting a safe, just, and peaceful community. OSCR invests in teaching students these skills in a variety of formats, from one-on-one conflict coaching, to small and large group workshops, to facilitating dialogues and trainings. OSCR offers a full spectrum of conflict resolution pathways that empower students to engage in processes and find solutions that meet their unique and diverse needs. These pathways include Facilitated Dialogue, Restorative Justice Circles, Shuttle Negotiation, Social Justice Mediation, in addition to more formal process.
Learn more about the Office of Student Conflict Resolution (OSCR).
Why give to the Office of Student Conflict Resolution?
Your contributions to OSCR will allow us to continue to provide our cutting-edge services to our student community, while enabling us to focus on more proactive and preventative educational initiatives. A gift of any size to this Gift Fund, or any of the following areas, will support our mission of Building Trust, Promoting Justice, and Teaching Peace. Here are some examples of how your investment may be used in creating positive change at the University of Michigan:
1) Outreach & Education
- OSCR seeks to provide the Michigan community with services and strategies to resolve conflicts peacefully. With your support, OSCR can expand the variety and scope of our workshop curriculum and diversify our outreach efforts to educate students, student organizations, faculty, and staff on the spectrum of services available through OSCR.
2) Assistantships & Internships
- OSCR is committed to creating a seamless learning environment that branches in-class learning with out-of-class experiences. Your support will allow us to provide assistantship and internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students interested in conflict resolution, counseling, higher education administration, law, and other relevant academic programs.
There are many ways you can give to the Office of Student Conflict Resolution:
- Annual Giving - A fund that is put to use where most needed within a fiscal year.
- Outright Gifts - Gifts of cash, securities or "gifts in kind" make an immediate impact. Gifts in kind include artwork, books and equipment that may be useful to OSCR.
- Planned Giving - A giving strategy that allows you to make a meaningful charitable contribution while possibly enhancing you and your family’s future financial well-being.
- Bequests - One of the simplest ways to give, you can leave a gift from your estate within your will.
We thank you for your support!