Ways to Give

There are many ways to give to Student Life at Michigan.

The University of Michigan has 501(c)(3) non-profit tax-exempt status. Our federal tax ID number is 38-6006309.

Credit Card

Make a Gift Online!

Or, contact us directly to answer your questions by emailing [email protected] or by calling 734-647-7309.


Please make your check payable to the University of Michigan and write the name of the fund your gift will support in the memo line.

Mail to:

University of Michigan
Student Life Development
3003 South State Street, Suite 9000
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1288

Cash/wire transfer

For information on how to make a cash transfer by wire, call the toll-free Office of Gift Administration Gift Help Line at: 1-888-518-7888, from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.

Electronic funds transfer

Make a monthly gift from your checking account through this electronic funds transfer option.

To initiate, please complete an authorization formPlease provide either your credit card information on the form or include a voided check and mail it to:

University of Michigan
Gift and Records Administration

3003 S. State Street, Suite 8000
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1288

Online Payroll Deduction

U-M faculty and staff can now make gifts through payroll deduction. Learn more about faculty, staff & retiree giving here.

To find more information about U-M Philanthropy, please visit the U-M giving website.

Estate and Planned Giving

Get started creating your legacy at U-M by learning about the different gift options available to you.

To learn more about Estate and Planned Giving, please visit the U-M Planned Giving website.