The University of Michigan is committed to transforming our students’ education by extending academic excellence from the classroom into real-world experiences that develop a global purview and a creative, entrepreneurial mindset.
Student Life Research conducts research for the Division of Student Life. Student Life Research is a resource for many University of Michigan departments and units for such tasks as the creation of assessment tools, data collection, dissemination of results, and expanding our knowledge about UM students. Primarily, the activities of Student Life Research focus on the following areas:
- Gathering and disseminating information regarding UM students, and
- Serving as a consultant to those UM departments and units within and outside of the Division of Student Life who engage in research and assessment on UM students, particularly regarding student life issues.
The long term vision for Student Life Research includes:
- Implementation of a conceptual research design which includes both longitudinal and cross-classification research.
- Regular collection of student opinion data concerning current issues, and
- Sharing information about students with a larger audience in order to help the University better educate these students.
Learn more about Student Life Research!