The University of Michigan is committed to transforming our students’ education by extending academic excellence from the classroom into real-world experiences that develop a global purview and a creative, entrepreneurial mindset.
Your Housing Gift
The early college years are a time when students grow into young adults and everything we do in University Housing is designed to help ease and encourage that transition. While the hard work of learning consumes our students’ days, during the off hours, we provide residential programming and resources that invite community, provide leadership opportunities, offer mentoring and guidance, and encourage personal development.
Are you, your student or even a parent among the nearly half-million students who have experienced the unique privilege of “Living at Michigan?” We welcome your financial partnership. Please consider the giving opportunities below and help us build on this Michigan tradition.
As you can imagine, the years take a toll on our living spaces. At the same time, as a world-class university, we must respond to rapidly changing technology needs, even in our residence halls. We are now in the midst of a multi-year program to restore all University Housing properties to their original Michigan glory. For an idea of how these improvements are impacting students’ lives, please take a moment to view the video below.
Your gift will help:
- Fund the capital improvements that make our living spaces the state-of-the-art places students needs for academic excellence;
- Cover the cost of emergency repairs; and
- Preserve our historic buildings.
Mentoring and Guidance
Each residential facility at Michigan plays an important role in helping our youngest and most vulnerable students feel at home, even on our city-sized campus. Our halls and corridors provide smaller, more navigable communities and neighborhoods. And our 400+ live-in staff members offer direction, support, mentorship and guidance. We also offer 1:1 advising, educational programs, community building events and social activities to help students get to know one another.
Your gift will be used to:
- Defray the room and board costs for live-in Resident Advisors who play a key role in building community in the residence halls;
- Fund training for residential staff in the most effective ways to encourage, support and advise residents;
- Support theme communities that help students connect with and learn from students with shared interests; and
- Maintain our student-focused community centers.
Please Give Generously
Since the opening of our first hall in 1915, tens of thousands of students have shared in the legacy of Living at Michigan. The residential experience is part of our Michigan heritage and a treasured tradition for virtually every Wolverine. Your gift, whether large or small, will help us continue this legacy for the tens of thousands of students yet to come.
Learn more about University Housing!